The National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education (NAFEO) seeks an efficient, experienced, detail-oriented, and discreet executive assistant to support the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO provides administrative, research, and operational support. S/he ensures the effective operation of the Office of the President & CEO, and supports the President & CEO by performing advanced administrative duties, managing projects, and proactively managing the priorities and time of the President & CEO.
- Manage, track, and facilitate President & CEO’s schedule;
- Provide administrative support including scheduling regular and ad-hoc meetings, responding to phone and email correspondence, making travel arrangements, and providing follow-up on any action items or assignments;
- Coordinate correspondence, file reports, and preserve vital records as needed;
- Help plan and coordinate the logistics of meetings and events;
- When the President & CEO chairs meetings, prepare agendas and background materials, reserve and set-up meeting space, and record minutes;
- Assist with staff meetings and Board meetings, including any travel arrangements, catering, and reimbursements;
- Handle all correspondence and matters with complete confidentiality;
- Assist with the sorting, processing, and distribution of incoming mail;
- Work in close coordination with the Executive team to facilitate strong relations with important external constituencies and organizations
Policy & Strategy:
- Conduct research to obtain background information on various projects as requested;
- Format, edit, proofread, and distribute materials for internal and external audiences;
- Draft notes and follow up tracking from meetings, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience in Education, Political Science, Government Relations, or related discipline is preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple demands, prioritize, and produce high-quality work under pressure
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills;
- Commitment to accuracy in all tasks, attention to details is extremely important.
How to Apply:
For full consideration, please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education (NAFEO) is the 501(c)(3), tax-exempt, not-for-profit umbrella organization of the nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs). Founded in 1969, NAFEO is the only membership association of its kind, representing the presidents and chancellors of the diverse black colleges and universities: public, private, and land-grant, two-year, four-year, graduate, and professional, historically and predominantly black colleges and universities.
NAFEO was founded to provide an international voice for the nation’s HBCUs; to place and maintain the issue of equal opportunity in higher education on the national agenda; to advocate policies, programs, and practices designed to preserve and enhance HBCUs; and to increase the active participation of blacks at every level in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs in American higher education.