The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program has been established by the Department of Defense (DoD) to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories.
Participants in the SMART Scholarship for Service Program receive:
- Full tuition and education-related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
- Stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 – $38,000 depending on degree pursuing (may be prorated depending on award length)
- Summer research internships
- Health Insurance Allowance up to $1,200 per calendar year
- Miscellaneous Supplies Allowance of $1,000 per academic year
- Employment placement after graduation
Go to http://smart.asee.org/ for more details.